Smooth and finish surfaces of poured concrete, such as floors, walks, sidewalks, roads, or curbs using a variety of hand and power tools. Align forms for sidewalks, curbs, or gutters; patch voids; and use saws to cut expansion joints.
Tradesmen International is seeking highly motivated craft professionals to join our team. If you’re a Journey-Level (Concrete Laborer ) and want to work alongside other proven craftsmen who emphasize safety, productivity and superior craftsmanship, this is your chance to advance your career! We are recognized internationally as a leading source for reliable, skilled craftsmen with thousands of employees serving the world’s top contractors. With more than 5,000 active clients, we have plenty of great job opportunities for Journeymen (Concrete Laborer ) who are among the best in their field. We offer consistent work, top pay, benefits and safety training to our employees.
Perform tasks involving physical labor at building, highway, and heavy construction projects, tunnel and shaft excavations, and demolition sites. May operate hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and instruments. May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, clean up rubble and debris.
1) Mop, brush, or spread paints, cleaning solutions, or other compounds over surfaces to clean them or to provide protection.
2) Operate jackhammers and drills to break up concrete or pavement.
3) Place, consolidate, and protect case-in-place concrete or masonry structures.
4) Position, join, align, and seal structural components, such as concrete wall sections and pipes.
5) Shovel cement and other materials into portable cement mixers; and mix, pour, and spread concrete.
6) Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials
7) Smooth and finish freshly poured cement or concrete, using floats, trowels, screeds, or powered cement finishing tools.
8) Spray materials such as water, sand, steam, vinyl, paint, or stucco through hoses to clean, coat, or seal surfaces.
9) Tend machines that pump concrete, grout, cement, sand, plaster or stucco through spray-guns for application to ceilings and walls.
10) Tend pumps, compressors, and generators to provide power for tools, machinery, and equipment, or to heat and move materials such as asphalt.
11) Lubricate, clean, and repair machinery, equipment, and tools.
12) Operate, read, and maintain air monitoring and other sampling devices in confined and/or hazardous environments.
13) Apply caulking compounds by hand or using caulking guns.
14) Build and position forms for pouring concrete, and dismantle forms after use, using saws, hammers, nails, or bolts.
15) Clean and prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
16) Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, and compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, and rakes.
17) Erect and disassemble scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps, and other temporary structures.
18) Grind, scrape, sand, or polish surfaces such as concrete, using abrasive tools or machines.
19) Install sewer, water, and storm drain pipes, using pipe-laying machinery and laser guidance equipment.
20) Load, unload, and identify building materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications.
21) Measure, mark, and record openings and distances to lay out areas where construction work will be performed.
22) Mix ingredients to create compounds for covering or cleaning surfaces.
Tradesmen International, America’s elite skilled labor force, is seeking experienced (Concrete Laborer ) to join our team. We are recognized internationally as a leading source for reliable, skilled craftsmen with thousands of employees across North America. With more than 5,000 active clients we have a plenty of great opportunities for skilled construction carpenters that want to be the best in their field. We offer consistent work, top pay, benefits, and employment opportunities in most major markets throughout North America.
In addition to consistent work, top pay, and employment opportunities, we provide a benefits package that is among the best in the industry. Our comprehensive benefits encourage our employees and their families to build a lifelong relationship with us.
Dental and vision plan
Prescription drug plan
401(k) profit-sharing savings plan
Tool purchase programs
Tradesmen International is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Req ID 2016-88580
Job Location(s) US - NY - Albany
Posted Date 11/22/2016
Category Concrete - Laborer