Tradesmen International, Inc. Utility Pipe Helper in BILOXI, Mississippi
Tradesmen International is seeking experienced Underground Utility Pipelayers/Fitters to join our team. If you are an Underground Pipelayer/Fitter with at least 3 years of experience this is your chance to advance your career!
Apply to this add for consideration or call 251-800-4682 with questions.
We are recognized internationally as a leading source for reliable, skilled craftsmen with thousands of employees across North America. With more than 5,000 active clients we have a plenty of great opportunities for skilled pipefitters that want to be the best in their field.We offer consistent work, top pay, benefits, and employment opportunities in most major markets throughout North America.
Responsible for assembling, connecting, and constructing pipe systems for storm or sanitation sewers, drains, and water mains. Ensures ground is prepped and trenches dug out for pipes. Aligns pipes and seals joints together with cement or glue.
• Configure pipe routes.
• Align pipes in pipeline sections.
• Dig trenches with trenching tools.
• Slide pipe into trenches.
• Tell tractor driver where to move pipe in preparation for welding.
• Insert spaces in between pipes.
• Pull out defective or misaligned pipes.
• Correct alignments with sledgehammers.
• Inspect places where pipes are fitted together to ensure pipes are spaced out properly and according to specifications.
• Lay pipe for storm or sanitation sewers, drains, and water mains.
• Grade trenches or culverts.
• Seal joints.
• Use glue or welding equipment to ensure pipes are tightly fitted.
• Ensure pipes are fitted and aligned using grade rods or transit levels.
• Cover pipes with dirt or other material.
• Drill holes into pipes for auxiliary lines.
• Perform continual maintenance on pipes and replace those needing repair.
• Utilize magnetic or radio indicators.
Simply put, we're not a temp agency and don't just hire anyone. In fact, we're highly selective, committed to hiring only those Pipefitters that are highly skilled in their trade with unwavering reliability, strong work ethic, and a desire to be the best.
4 years of experience as Pipefitter / Pipe Welder
Solid knowledge and understanding of system operation, building plans and working drawings
Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation
General knowledge of plumbing and pipe system layout, according to specifications
High standard of integrity and professionalism
Drug free at all times
In addition to consistent work, top pay, and employment opportunities, we provide a benefits package that is among the best in the industry. Our comprehensive benefits encourage our employees and their families to build a lifelong relationship with us.
Dental and vision plan
Prescription drug plan
401(k) profit-sharing savings plan
Tool purchase programs
Tradesmen International is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
Posted Date 1 week ago
Req ID 2017-147437
Category Pipefitter - Apprentice