Tradesmen International, Inc. Accounts Payable and Cash Application Specialist in AKRON, Ohio
*This is a hybrid role - the office is located in Macedonia, OH*
This position is responsible for accounts payable and cash application activity, the processing of multiple office locations accounts payable and posting of high volume of cash activity to accounts receivable system. This position reports to the Treasury Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Accounts Payable Duties:
· Process accounts payables invoices for corporate related expenses and for multiple field offices.
· Ensure invoices are processed and reconciled timely for monthly closing.
· Process expense reports and auto reimbursements relating to Concur and Motus.
· Prepare checks for distribution.
· Ensure vendors that can be paid with ACH are provided to the Treasury Analyst and updated accordingly, and contact vendors as requested to help move vendors from check to ACH.
· Reconcile vendor statements to internal records on a regular basis. Resolve differences and adjust internal records if necessary.
· Assist with the Accounts Payable Escheatment process, including the monthly review of the banks check register and resolve outstanding vendor checks. Resolution includes contacting vendors.
· Internal and external point of contact to support resolving vendor invoice related issues and facilitating proper recording of invoices and issue resolution.
· Obtain W9 forms from vendors and ensure ongoing compliance for end of year auditing.
· Assist with audit support as it relates to accounts payable processes.
Cash Application Duties:
· Daily posting of cash received from multiple lockboxes, ACH, and wires, including importing electronic remittance files from the banks.
· Process credit card payment reports daily to customer accounts, from PNC PayerExpress.
· Apply mobile customer payments and address any discrepancies.
· Reconcile daily cash posted to the system against the bank reports.
· Maintain cash related email inboxes and respond timely to all inquiries.
· Communicate with bank, customers and/or field offices when remittances are missing, or invoices are short paid.
· Research unidentified payments to apply to customer accounts.
· Work with field offices and the Credit Department to properly apply complex on-account transactions to customer accounts.
· Process refunds for overpayments on customer accounts.
· Help encourage customers to utilize online bill payment tool.
· Assist with audit support as it relates to cash application processes.
Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this position.
Skills and Abilities:
The candidate will have good written and oral communication skills, be self-motivated, display the ability to work in a remote/hybrid environment, and easily adapt to changing situations. Successful candidates must have effective organizational skills, have a strong attention to detail, and the ability to establish priorities and to multi-task. The candidate must be able to work collaboratively with people on the team and in other parts of the organization; supporting others when requested. Proficiency in Microsoft Office products is required and prior Accounts Payable, Cash Application and/or Concur experience is a plus.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in accounts payable and/or cash application or minimum of Associates Degree in accounting.
The position requires a high level of confidentiality and integrity.
Posted Date 2 weeks ago (2/12/2024 9:26 PM)
Req ID 2024-345468
Employment Type Regular Full-Time
Corporate Position No