Tradesmen International, Inc. Marine Staffing Specialist in Bremerton, Washington
We are looking for a full time Maritime Craftsmen Staffing Specialist whose primary responsibility will be to recruit, interview, hire, and dispatch qualified Maritime Craftsmen of varying experience levels. It is the Staffing Specialist’s role to ensure overall workforce optimization and to successfully build and manage a safe, stable, productive and skilled workforce.
Tradesmen International is recognized nationally – by leading contractors and trade associations – as the construction industry’s premier source for high-caliber skilled Craftsmen. The Staffing Specialist serves as a spokesperson for Tradesmen International as one of the first points of contact that potential Craftsmen have with the company. This position requires the Specialist to have a clear understanding of Tradesmen International’s mission, core values, business model and how we establish ourselves as the employer of choice in the Maritime Construction and Shipyard markets.
Drive Safety Culture – Support ongoing commitment to safety through adherence to all safety protocol throughout the employee hiring, training, and orientation process.
• Ensure only the right, safety-minded Craftsmen are being hired and dispatched
• Conduct thorough and compliant interviews and follow all interview protocol
• Maintain high standards for obtaining necessary jobsite information
• Maintain accurate employee records regarding safety and safety training
Fill Orders – Fill orders with qualified, safety-minded Craftsmen by managing pipeline of current and former employees, maintaining accurate and comprehensive employee records, and cultivating local networks to generate referrals when new recruits are needed.
• Own the hiring decision for new Tradesmen Marine Craftsmen
• Drive employee commitment and retention through effective engagement and
employee utilization strategies
• Manage relationships with Account Executives to ensure clear line of sight into
project needs and employee resources
• Drive referrals through employee and client relationships, and a relentless effort
to always identify new opportunities to garner the interest of local Craft Professionals
Coordinate Projects – Create the game-plan to effectively fill incoming orders and provide ongoing oversight of existing projects by staying on-top of project end-dates, client needs, and opportunities to upsell.
• Participate in daily operations meetings and support sales by leveraging opportunities to utilize existing employee resources and new hires
• Ensure timely and relevant updates of project end-dates and availability of currently working employees
• Support projects across Tradesmen and ensure collaboration with other local offices and support functions
• Marine/Shipyard Industry knowledge and prior Staffing/Recruiting experience is highly preferred
• Desire to work in a high-energy, fast-paced team environment
• Be self-motivated and goal oriented
• Have desire to constantly interact/communicate with various personalities maintaining solid working relationships with both skilled trade workers and our sales personnel
• Must be dependable, responsible, have a good attitude and be willing to work hard
• It is essential to be capable of juggling multiple tasks simultaneously
• Time management and organization are nececcary for success in this role
• Need basic computer skills including on-line job board usage
• Familiarity navigating iCIMS or other Applicant Tracking Systems would be
The salary for this position is $68,000. Employees in this position may also, in some circumstances, be eligible for bonus payments on top of the salary payments described above provided the employee meets the requirements of the applicable bonus plan.
Total Rewards Benefits include competitive salary with annual incentive bonus potential. Benefits include 401k, vacation and holidays, medical, dental, vision coverage, short term disability, and voluntary supplemental life insurance.
Tradesmen International is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
Posted Date 3 weeks ago (2/12/2024 9:26 PM)
Req ID 2024-345465
Job Board IN
Employment Type Regular Full-Time