Tradesmen International, Inc. Marine Structural Welder in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Tradesmen International is proud to employ America’s best marine-dedicated craftsmen. If you are a marine-experienced craftsman who emphasizes safety, productivity and superior craftsmanship, we want you to join our team.
We are recognized internationally as a leading source for reliable, skilled craftsmen with thousands of employees serving the world’s best shipyards and yacht builders. With hundreds of active partners, we have plenty of great shipyard employment opportunities.
We offer consistent work, top pay, benefits, and safety training to our employees. If you are a Marine Structural Welder and want to be a part of the nation’s elite marine skilled workforce, this is your chance to advance your career.
- All candidates must be willing to submit to the following –a. A federal background investigationi. No felonies period or violent misdemeanors in the past 7 years.1. Violent misdemeanors would include any involving weapons, fighting or abuse.b. A 10 year employment verificationi. Handled by a 3rd party.1. Backgroundchecks.comii. Work history must be accurate to the month and year.1. Please have detailed conversations with your candidates to inform them of this.2. The more accurate the information that is initially entered into the system, the quicker the expediting will be of the results.c. Education Background Verificationi. The candidates will have to provide their educational history.ii. Completion certificates and/or diplomas are not required.iii. The data entered will be verified for accuracy.iv. Please notify us if the candidate did not graduate from high schoold. A hair follicle drug screeni. The samples obtained can produce narcotic results from the previous 90 – 120 days.
Please submit a resume showing at least 5 years marine structual welding experience. Applications without resumes will not be considered.
1. Multi-pass. All position fillet and butt welds using the SMAW (Shielded metal arc) process
2. Ability to fuse inserts and weld carbon steel, stainless steel and copper nickel pipe using the SMAW and GTAW (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding) processes
3. Ability to mirror weld using the SMAW and GTAW processes
4. Heating - Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch
5. Experience working in physically demanding environments (shipboard, sub-assemblies, ladders, staging, etc.).
6. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
7. Ability to properly use fillet gauges, butt gauges, and a six inch scale.
1. All positions using the SMAW and GTAW processes
2. Thin wall sockets (Required for below 0.187 wall joints)
The Welding School will administer tests for the following qualifications:
1. Welders Vision Test (5 Minutes)
2. Visual Inspection of Welds Level I (4 Hours)
3. Pre-heat and Interpass (1 hour)
4. Fire Watch CBT 2 hours)
5. Torch Safety test and practical (3 hours)
6. Welding Qualification tests for: 503, 502, 541, 725, 506, 659, 556, 650, 664 and 557 (Testing will run approximately 2½ weeks).
Prior to performing work all welders must successfully pass the above tests and have a completed FORM 1429 and a statement of current maintenance on file with O37 Welding Engineering.
The Welding School will administer the fire watch training and test VIA computer based, and will also test and verify torch safety knowledge and practical demonstration of proper hook-up and shut down prior to certifying them as torch operators.
Tradesmen International, America’s elite skilled labor force, is seeking experienced Marine Structural Welders to join our team. We are recognized internationally as a leading source for reliable, skilled structural welders with thousands of employees across North America. With more than 5,000 active clients we have a plenty of great opportunities for skilled marine structural welders that want to be the best in their field. We offer consistent work, top pay, benefits, and employment opportunities in most major markets throughout North America.
In addition to consistent work, top pay, and employment opportunities, we provide a benefits package that is among the best in the industry. Our comprehensive benefits encourage our employees and their families to build a lifelong relationship with us.
Dental and vision plan
Prescription drug plan
401(k) profit-sharing savings plan
Tool purchase programs
Tradesmen International is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Req ID 2018-184146
Category Marine Trades - Welder
Location US-CO-Colorado Springs