Tradesmen International, Inc. HVAC Technician in COLUMBIA, Missouri
Tradesmen International, America’s elite skilled labor force, is seeking experienced HVAC Technicians to join our team. We are recognized internationally as a leading source for reliable, skilled craftsmen with thousands of employees across North America. With more than 5,000 active clients we have a plenty of great opportunities for skilled HVAC Technicians that want to be the best in their field.We offer consistent work, top pay, benefits, and employment opportunities in most major markets throughout North America. If you are an HVAC Technician with at least 5 years of HVAC installation, maintenance, and repair experience this is your chance to advance your career!
As a HVAC Technician you will be responsible for assembling, installing, servicing, and repairing air conditioning, refrigeration, and heating units used in homes, schools, commercial and industrial buildings.
• Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in the commercial HVAC trade (PREFERRED: current HVAC journeyman’s license).
• High school diploma (experience may be substituted for education).
• Able to work Monday-Friday with occasional overtime during afternoons, evenings and weekends as needed. Hours may involve start times as early as 5:00 a.m. NOTE: Specific project requirements that may require afternoon or evening/night shifts.
• HVAC training and basic manufacturer training.
• Knowledge and understanding of facets of techniques used for heating, ventilation, and air conditioning service and installation.
• Competent at installing refrigeration systems, air distribution systems and equipment controls (includes fundamentals of electrical wiring).
• Intermediate arithmetic skills.
• Communicate effectively in English (aural, verbal, and written).
• Able to safely operate a motor vehicle to travel from site to site.
• Possess current, valid driver’s license (not under suspension or limitation).
• Must be able to stand, walk, bend, crawl, twist, bend, push, pull, carry, climb (stairs & ladders), and be able to grip tools (fine motor coordination).
• Must be able to lift up to one hundred (100) pounds, with or without assistance.
• Able to withstand temperature extremes and exposure to elements (rain, snow, etc).
• Able to withstand exposure to dust, fumes, heights, confined spaces.
• Possess skills related to balance, agility, color differentiation, hearing, eye-hand coordination, flexibility, depth perception, peripheral vision, and manual dexterity.
• Able to analyze situations/issues and provide solutions.
Job duties and responsabilities include:
• Strong working knowledge of installation of refrigerant piping, equipment startup.
• Basic working knowledge of HVAC controls and electrical wiring.
• Read and understand plans and specifications.
• Create material list from drawings.
• Installs and starts-up equipment, meeting deadlines and performing basic troubleshooting.
• Complete start-up checklists, pre-functional checklist, system readiness checklist, etc.
• Create daily job tickets.
• Participate in weekly Tool Box Talks; perform work safely (will complete OSHA 10-hour)
• Miscellaneous tasks and duties as assigned.
In addition to consistent work, top pay, and employment opportunities, we provide a benefits package that is among the best in the industry. Our comprehensive benefits encourage our employees and their families to build a lifelong relationship with us.
Dental and vision plan
Prescription drug plan
401(k) profit-sharing savings plan
Tool purchase programs
Tradesmen International is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Posted Date 6 days ago (2/13/2020 2:32 PM)
Req ID 2020-264721
Category HVAC - Journeyman