Tradesmen International, Inc. TIG Pipe Welder in COLUMBIA, South Carolina
Tradesmen International is seeking experienced TIG Pipe Welders to join our team. If you are a Journeyman Welder with at least 5 years of welding experience this is your chance to advance your career!
We are recognized internationally as a leading source for reliable, skilled craftsmen with thousands of employees across North America. With more than 5,000 active clients we have a plenty of great opportunities for skilled Welders that want to be the best in their field. We offer consistent work, top pay, benefits, and employment opportunities in most major markets throughout North America.
As a Journeyman Welder you will be responsible for using Mig, Tig, and Flux Core welding techniques to weld various components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions. We are currently looking for a TIG Pipe Welder that has experience in stainless steel welding and can pass an x-ray test.
Gas Tungsten ARC (TIG) Welder Job Duties:
• Prep pipe fittings and pipe ends for full penetration welds on pipe assemblies.
• GTA weld on carbon steel, stainless steel and duplex stainless steel.
• Interpret engineering drawings and welding symbols used to fabricate piping
assemblies or skids.
• Calculate pipe fitting "take-outs" on piping measurements
• Must be able to weld pipe diameters ranging from 1/2" to 36" in all positions. Will
test in fixed 6G position.
• Must be able to operate a high frequency amperage control foot pedal while
• Must be able to weld structural steel in all positions
• Must be able to identify which type of filler wire to use for a given type of base
• All welds must pass ASME pressure vessel and piping codes
• Must be able to operate power and hand tools, read tape measure, and level.
• Applicants must be able to work in confined spaces.
• Candidates must be able to follow, create and help maintain Welding Procedure
• Must be able to follow all safety practices and PPE according to OSHA
All Candidates must pass a pre employment drug test, background check and weld test.
Simply put, we're not a temp agency and don't just hire anyone. In fact, we're highly selective, committed to hiring only those Journeyman Welders that are highly skilled in their trade with unwavering reliability, strong work ethic, and a desire to be the best.
4 years of experience with Stick, Mig, Tig, Flux Core welding
Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation
High standard of integrity and professionalism
Drug free at all times
In addition to consistent work, top pay, and employment opportunities, we provide a benefits package that is among the best in the industry. Our comprehensive benefits encourage our employees and their families to build a lifelong relationship with us.
Dental and vision plan
Prescription drug plan
401(k) profit-sharing savings plan
Tool purchase programs
Tradesmen International is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
Posted Date 2 weeks ago (3/23/2020 10:15 AM)
Req ID 2020-268621
Category Welder - Pipe