Tradesmen International, Inc. Pipefitter in EAST BOOTHBAY, Maine
If you are interested please send your updated resume, contact information and questions to Craig at
Duration- Long Term
Hours- 40+ per week
Background check and Drug screen required Need
Support production needs by fabricating, laying out and assembling various mechanical marine related systems to include, H20, grey water, sewer, ventilation, coolant, hydraulics, fuel, oil, lubricating, exhaust and firefighting.
· Read shop prints and schematics to determine system piping requirements and desired locations.
Where shop prints do not show proper locations, as built systems must be installed properly given limited space and the configuration of all system arrangements.
· Fabricates carbon steel, stainless, copper and PVC piping to support system location and needs.
· Performs precise cutting, threading, grooving, bending, welding and gluing of various customized piping.
· Familiar with copper, stainless steel, metal, galvanized metals and other PVC/ CPVC and polyethylene materials.
Installs various mechanical piping by threads, bolts & nuts, and welding (stick, mig, tig) in place (optional).
· Creates wall penetrations and tank penetrations as needed to support system needs.
· Installs pipe hangers and mechanical support where needed.
· All other duties and tasks as assigned.
Washburn & Doughty is willing to train someone that has some of the basic skills and appropriate aptitude.
Small ship yard experience desired with “as-built” systems that do not always offer shop print designs requiring a combination of pipefitting and outfitter skill.
Stick, mig and tig welding skills optional, but preferred. Must be able to fit and tack weld carbon steel pipe.
Strong mechanical aptitude with fundamental understanding of various pipefitting tools.Solid understanding of commonly used pipefitting concepts, practices and procedures.
Ability to read blue prints and schematic drawings.
Ability to follow detailed directions.
We prefer new ship construction experience (new installation) rather than repair-only experience.
Must have strong commitment towards safety and working safe.
Must have good interpersonal skills and ability to get along with various personnel and work as a member of a team.
Must be an effective communicator with direct work leader and supervisor as to trouble shooting various pipefitting problems, issues and concern.
Must be able to periodically lift 50 pounds.
Must be able to walk, use stairs and work in various confined spaces requiring piping systems.
Continuously walking, standing sitting, climbing and crouching.
Must have good manual dexterity.
Posted Date 2 weeks ago (10/12/2020 10:38 AM)
Req ID 2020-282378
Category Pipefitter - Helper
Job Board IN
Location US-ME-EAST BOOTHBAY