Tradesmen International, Inc. Block Mason in JACKSONVILLE, Florida
Tradesmen International is seeking Block Masons to join our team. If you’re a Block Mason and want to work alongside other proven craftsmen who emphasize safety, productivity and superior craftsmanship, this is your chance to advance your career! Give us a call at 904-296-1842 for more details.
3+ Years experience
We are recognized internationally as a leading source for reliable, skilled craftsmen with thousands of employees serving the world’s top contractors. With more than 5,000 active clients, we have plenty of great job opportunities for Brick Masons who are among the best in their field. We offer consistent work, top pay, benefits and safety training to our employees.
Basic Job Description:
Lay and bind building materials, such as brick, structural tile, concrete block, cinder block, glass block, and terra-cotta block, with mortar and other substances to construct or repair walls, partitions, arches, sewers, and other structures .
Job Duties and Tasks for: "Brickmasons and Blockmason"
1) Measure distance from reference points and mark guidelines to lay out work, using plumb bobs and levels.
2) Calculate angles and courses and determine vertical and horizontal alignment of courses.
3) Fasten or fuse brick or other building material to structure with wire clamps, anchor holes, torch, or cement.
4) Break or cut bricks, tiles, or blocks to size, using trowel edge, hammer, or power saw.
5) Remove excess mortar with trowels and hand tools, and finish mortar joints with jointing tools, for a sealed, uniform appearance.
6) Interpret blueprints and drawings to determine specifications and to calculate the materials required.
7) Apply and smooth mortar or other mixture over work surface.
8) Mix specified amounts of sand, clay, dirt, or mortar powder with water to form refractory mixtures.
9) Examine brickwork or structure to determine need for repair.
10) Lay and align bricks, blocks, or tiles to build or repair structures or high temperature equipment, such as cupola, kilns, ovens, or furnaces.
11) Remove burned or damaged brick or mortar, using sledgehammer, crowbar, chipping gun, or chisel.
Tradesmen International, America’s elite skilled labor force, is seeking experienced Brick Masons to join our team. We are recognized internationally as a leading source for reliable, skilled craftsmen with thousands of employees across North America. With more than 5,000 active clients we have plenty of great opportunities for skilled Masons that want to be the best in their field. We offer consistent work, top pay, benefits, and employment opportunities in most major markets throughout North America.
In addition to consistent work, top pay, and employment opportunities, we provide a benefits package that is among the best in the industry. Our comprehensive benefits encourage our employees and their families to build a lifelong relationship with us.
Dental and vision plan
Prescription drug plan
401(k) profit-sharing savings plan
Tool purchase programs
Tradesmen International is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
Req ID 2018-184125IN
Category Mason - Journeyman
Job Board IN