Tradesmen International, Inc. Grinder/Polisher in MOUNT VERNON, Missouri
Tradesmen International is seeking grinder and polisher to join our team. If you are a Grinder Apprentice eager to become a skilled grinder and polisher by improving your skills and learning new ones, this is your chance to launch your career!
We are recognized internationally as a leading source for reliable, skilled craftsmen with thousands of employees across North America. With more than 5,000 active clients we have plenty of great opportunities for Grinders that want to be the best in their field. We offer consistent work, top pay, benefits, and employment opportunities in most major markets throughout North America.
This is not an apprenticeship, you must have 2 years working experience in this trade. The current specifics for grinder/polisher opportunity require you to be able to grind/polish to a #4 finish, working with stainless steel food grade tanks.
Must have at least 2 year of working experience in this trade
1) File grooved, contoured, and irregular surfaces of metal objects, such as metalworking dies and machine parts, to conform to templates, other parts, layouts, or blueprint specifications.
2) Grind, sand, clean, or polish objects or parts to correct defects or to prepare surfaces for further finishing, using hand tools and power tools.
3) Load and adjust workpieces onto equipment or work tables, using hand tools.
4) Measure and mark equipment, objects, or parts to ensure grinding and polishing standards are met.
5) Move controls to adjust, start, or stop equipment during grinding and polishing processes.
6) Remove completed workpieces from equipment or work tables, using hand tools, and place workpieces in containers.
7) Select files or other abrasives, according to materials, sizes and shapes of workpieces, amount of stock to be removed, finishes specified, and steps in finishing processes.
8) Study blueprints or layouts to determine how to lay out workpieces or saw out templates.
9) Trim, scrape, or deburr objects or parts, using chisels, scrapers, and other hand tools and equipment.
10) Verify quality of finished workpieces by inspecting them, comparing them to templates, measuring their dimensions, or testing them in working machinery.
11) Apply solutions and chemicals to equipment, objects, or parts, using hand tools.
12) Clean brass particles from files by drawing file cards through file grooves.
13) Fill cracks or imperfections in marble with wax that matches the stone color.
14) Mark defects such as knotholes, cracks, and splits for repair.
15) Record product and processing data on specified forms.
16) Repair and maintain equipment, objects, or parts, using hand tools.
17) Sharpen abrasive grinding tools, using machines and hand tools.
18) Spread emery powder or other polishing compounds on stone, or wet stone surfaces using hoses, then guide buffing wheels over stone to polish surfaces.
19) Transfer equipment, objects, or parts to specified work areas, using moving devices.
20) Wash grit from stone, using hoses.
Tradesmen International, America’s elite skilled labor force, is seeking experienced (FILL IN TRADE) to join our team. We are recognized internationally as a leading source for reliable, skilled craftsmen with thousands of employees across North America. With more than 5,000 active clients we have a plenty of great opportunities for skilled construction carpenters that want to be the best in their field. We offer consistent work, top pay, benefits, and employment opportunities in most major markets throughout North America.
In addition to consistent work, top pay, and employment opportunities, we provide a benefits package that is among the best in the industry. Our comprehensive benefits encourage our employees and their families to build a lifelong relationship with us.
Dental and vision plan
Prescription drug plan
401(k) profit-sharing savings plan
Tool purchase programs
Tradesmen International is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
Recruiter Phone Number
Req ID 2019-229839IN
Category Welder - Flat
Job Board IN
Location US-MO-MOUNT VERNON